I want to share about the Kingdom of the Son. Please take time to read the texts and study these words. I want you to catch the revelation of Grace and Response. Free gift and walking worthy.
Colossians 1: 9-14 NKJV:
For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
Firstly, remember that the prayers Paul prayed for the Church became scripture. The Apostle Paul’s “God breathed”, inspired “Word of God” revelation, is counted equal with and part of the whole Word. His prayers for the churches are an amazing study of love and passionate desire that we, the contemporary Church, along with the saints throughout Church history, would walk in the revelation of our rightful place in Christ.
The text in Col. 1 tells us three key works that He, our Father, has done for us…
- v12 “He has QUALIFIED US to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints..”
- v13 “He has DELIVERED US from the power of darkness.”
- v13 “He has CONVEYED US into the KINGDOM OF THE SON OF HIS LOVE”. This is the ultimate expression of where we now live… that we have been “conveyed into” the Kingdom of THE SON OF HIS LOVE. He carried us into this! He transported us by His Will and by the sacrifice of the cross, into this relationship. ALL of this is GRACE. None of this was done by us. He qualified us, delivered us and conveyed us in!
The magnificent revelation “The Kingdom of the Son of His Love” is a reminder of the relationship of the Father with the Son, into which we are now also called and conveyed.
You may remember the prayer of Jesus in John 17:24 3580.logos4.png-550×0 where Jesus (when praying for us in the garden on the night of His betrayal) said, “.. for YOU HAVE LOVED ME BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD”. At the baptism and the transfiguration of Jesus, the Father had spoken from heaven, “This is my BELOVED SON; in Him I am well pleased”.
There are three revelations in this prayer of Jesus (John 17)3580.logos4.png-550×0
- As truly as He has “Qualified us”, He has CALLED us, just as He called Jesus (v 18: “As you have sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world”). Remember that Jesus said (v 20), that this prayer is for ALL OF US who would believe on His Word!! SAME SENDING.
- As truly as He has “Delivered us”, He has GIVEN GLORY TO US, just as He gave Glory to Jesus (v 22: “The Glory which you have given Me, I have given them”). We have been delivered from the shame of darkness, into the Glory of God in Christ. SAME GLORY.
- As truly as He “Conveyed us in to the Kingdom of the Son of His love”, He has LOVED US AS HE LOVED HIS SON (v 23). WOW!! And this is EVERLASTING Love. (V 24: “for You loved Me before the foundation of the world”.. V 26: “so that the love with which You loved Me may be in them and I in them”. SAME LOVE. As the Father loves His Son, He loves us!!
We have been CONVEYED INTO this by our Father. Same CALLING. Same GLORY. Same LOVE.
We remember that Ephesians 1:4 tells us that “He chose us in Christ BEFORE THE FOUNDATION of the world, that we should be HOLY and WITHOUT BLAME before Him IN LOVE”.
Finally, there is a reminder that such GRACE requires a RESPONSE.
In Colossians 1 there is a classic reminder of how we are called to respond to God’s grace. V 10: “.. so that you may WALK WORTHY OF THE LORD, FULLY PLEASING HIM, being FRUITFUL in EVERY GOOD WORK and INCREASING in the KNOWLEDGE of GOD”.
This is how we manifest a relationship with “The Son of His Love” and truly reflect our life within the Love of Jesus. Our response should always be to LIVE within HIS KINGDOM LIFE. The Kingdom of the SON. Where Christ is KING. Sovereign. Above ALL. (Col 1:14-18).
So, this glorious prayer of the Apostle Paul becomes a scriptural imperative. We have become qualified to rightfully partake of the inheritance as saints of God, and so we must present ourselves as “worthy walkers” of life in Christ, fully pleasing Him, fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. This service never “qualifies us” for the amazing grace of Jesus. Neither can it ever make a way to Heaven for us. But this “worthy walking” reflects the fact that we have already begun LIFE IN THE KINGDOM OF THE SON OF HIS LOVE.
Blessings to you all!