Wow! What a year 2017 has been.
There have been so many major victories and achievements wherever the Lord has called us to serve.
Here’s a brief overview of the year’s milestones:
- Purchase and re-construction of the Liberty Christian Centre base in Victoria, Oriental Mindoro, Philippines. Wonderful growth of this major Church and community ministry centre.
- New Online Ministry Training program (created and managed by Matt) up and running in the Philippines. Ready to expand into other nations in 2018.
- Completion of 4 years of non-stop re-building following the huge Cyclones in The Philippines and Vanuatu. Over 2000 families have been given new or restored homes… ”In Jesus Name!”
- On-going growth and development of the Miracle Haven Learning Centre in Gandara, Philippines.
- Two massive evangelistic Miracle Crusades in Samar and Leyte, Philippines, with thousands of decisions for Christ
- Largest ever year of hosting mission teams. (Philippines, Cyprus and Vanuatu.)
A HUGE YEAR IN VANUATU
Our Vanuatu work has continued to be abundantly fruitful in 2017:
- In June, Jon and Abi (with family Alyssa, Jeremy and James) moved to Port Vila to oversee all of the work there.
- A huge year of growth and development in Life Changer Christian College, Port Vila (Preschool through year 12)
- Completion of new Louniel Community Centre in Tanna, detailed below (rebuilt after destruction by cyclone Pam)
- Completion of new Compass Freswota Stage and Community Centre in Port Vila, detailed below (rebuilt after destruction by cyclone Pam)
- Presence of God Worship Convention at National Convention Centre, Port Vila.
- Huge Miracle Crusade at Port Vila with 6100 decisions for Christ.
- Excellent progress in Turkey Churches. Wonderful to partner in Spiritual awakening and salvation among Iranian refugees joining the Church.
- LifeChanger Carols by Candlelight are on again in Port Vila from December 16-17. Last year, 18,000 attended, and this year we’re expecting even more!
29th November — Freswota Community Centre and Stage Opened (Port Vila)
This Permanent, cyclone-rated building is a huge help to the Freswota Community. It is now in daily use for a multitude of Community purposes, from sporting groups to Church outreach, local meetings of community groups and music lessons. The facility includes full disability access and amenities.
Huge thanks to those who came and worked on this major project.
27th November — Louniel Community Centre Opened (Tanna)
This excellent new facility will provide the Louniel Community with a permanent cyclone-rated centre for community gatherings, medical visits, aid work and safe shelter from cyclones. Thanks to the wonderful men who came and helped us to complete this quality facility.
Onward to 2018!
From all of us at Liberty People, we wish you a wonderful Christmas. Jesus our Emmanuel – God with us – reminds us of God’s commitment to be present with us at all times and in all things. His presence, joy and peace be with you all!